Monday, February 20, 2012

Bottoms Up

Day 40 - Create with yarn.

[Insert maniacal laughter here.]

The only thing challenging about this post is WHICH of my yarny bits to choose...

I went with a hat I'm working on that I designed as a "bottom up", roomy hat. Not too much like a beret, nor too much like a tam, I just wanted something that wouldn't smoosh my hair flat on my daily quarter mile walk from the parking lot to the building in which I am employed.

Still a little ways to go on it, but I have most of the math worked out so I'm chugging right along. And oh so excited because it's really good yarn - Malabrigo Kettle Dyed Pure Superwash Merino Wool in a colorway called Stonechat. In a word: Luscious. In another word: Expensive. And totally worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please offer only positive praise - this site belongs to our whole family (including our young children) and we'd prefer to be able to share all the comments. Gracias!