Friday, February 24, 2012

Knit Myself

Day 43 - try something new.

Knitting. The antithesis of crochet.

Okay, maybe that's a little extreme, but they're definitely very different beasties. For whatever reason, most people get sucked into one to the exclusion of the other. Then there's this moment when you sort of realize the amazing world of possibility that exists if you only knew how to do the other.

I learned long ago how to do the simplest cast on and knit stitch. Unlike crochet, I can't remember the whens or hows; I just know how to do it. I'm not good at it at all, though if you needed an ugly but functional scarf or washcloth, I'm your girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please offer only positive praise - this site belongs to our whole family (including our young children) and we'd prefer to be able to share all the comments. Gracias!