Saturday, March 17, 2012

Frogging

Day 52 - A Necessary Evil

A little project - a cowl to match my favorite hat - sits nearly completed on the island in my kitchen. Problem is: I don't like it. I don't like the shape, which wasn't from a pattern, just something I winged. I don't like the way it lies on my neck. I don't like... Well, ANY part of it. Except the yarn. I absolutely adore the yarn. Probably the first time in a year that I was quite so smitten by some yarn. Any that I actually had in my possession, that is.

So here's where I am: It must be frogged. That's right - completely ripped out so as to start afresh. Probably as a long, thin scarf I stead. I can accept this.

My dilemma is that it was originally wound on a ball-winder from a hank into a center-pull ball and I'd like for it to be in that shape again (instead of in a messy, round, hand-wound ball). I wonder if I can convince the yarn store ladies to rewind it for me as I frog it... Worth a shot, right?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please offer only positive praise - this site belongs to our whole family (including our young children) and we'd prefer to be able to share all the comments. Gracias!