Monday, March 5, 2012

Thoughts in Focus

I'm considering changing the focus of my little art project here. It seems I am spending an excessive amount of time and resources on trying to complete the prompts in the book IN ADDITION TO doing myriad other projects, mostly of the crocheted sort, and the latter is lagging behind where I'd like it to be. It behooves me, for a variety of reasons, to retrain my focus back to these other projects. However, since they're certainly still of the creative ilk, I see no reason not to include them here.

In fact, I even conceived of a boredom-relieving way of keeping this new focus fresh: I'll dig into my stash at intermediate points and create something unusual, something outside my typically very practical scope of hats, scarves, bags and washcloths. I'll also probably end up doing some short features on yarns I particularly adore, yarn shops I frequent, and even fiber-related events. ("Those exist?!?" you ask. Why, yes, they do, in fact!")

It's possible that I may return occasionally to the book or take forays outside of fiberville and I'll, of course, keep my Noodle Doodles section growing at Noah's pace, but I think that refocusing will reinvigorate me and get the posts back on a more regular schedule. It will also challenge me to improve my crochet skills, to break out of my hooking ruts, and discover ways of playing with yarn I've never enjoyed!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please offer only positive praise - this site belongs to our whole family (including our young children) and we'd prefer to be able to share all the comments. Gracias!