Sunday, January 29, 2012

Beautiful Day

I'm a day behind. Really, I mention it because I'm aware of it, but it's not a dire concern. See, it's a matter of perspective. This project is teaching me to relax, to loosen up my tight and very judgmental hold on my creative work (and on my life in general).

That need for fluidity and calm was underscored today as I bid adieu to a wonderful woman, mother to one of my very best childhood friends. In her death, I found out she was much more than simply "L's mom" - she was an accomplished, productive, influential member of our community. I was honored to bear witness to her family's last goodbyes and offer one of my own.

The day couldn't have been more perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please offer only positive praise - this site belongs to our whole family (including our young children) and we'd prefer to be able to share all the comments. Gracias!