Saturday, January 21, 2012

Rising Life

Day 13 - Use tea, however you like, to create.

So, yes, the concept of using tea to paint is actually quite ancient but I had never personally used it as a medium. Since I knew I had a variety of teas from which to choose, I knew I'd have a decent palette of colors with which to work.

This project, simple as it is, really delighted me. The colors look so different wet than dry and so much of the process is difficult to control so you end up with some fascinating surprises when it's dried. I may even make this pretty lady into a logo of sorts... Never know!

2 comments:

  1. This one is really cool, made with the tea, very unique. Also like the baby headband one, but does that really stretch that much? Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mom! It's like a decorated rubber band for making a cute little ponytail, not a headband, per se.

      Delete

Please offer only positive praise - this site belongs to our whole family (including our young children) and we'd prefer to be able to share all the comments. Gracias!