Thursday, January 19, 2012

Water, Wherefore Art Thou?

Day #10 - Use water as your inspiration or medium.

If you are being particularly observant just this moment, you may notice that there is no post for yesterday's date. On the eve of Day 9, I conceived a plan for my Day 10 artwork but could not set to work on it immediately (and would not have anyway since I'm trying to keep the creation of each piece within the timeframe of a single day. The piece I envisioned was predicated on the fact that it was, at that time, raining.

By the time I arose on Day 10, there was no rain and very few clouds.

Therefore, in keeping with the spirit of going with my initial inspiration for each day's art, I'll describe my plan then return to this post on a later date if/when I am able to capture it.

I plan to fill a glass from my workplace's cafeteria with water and place it on the windowsill of our office's picture window that looks out over our beautiful grounds. The idea was to photograph the glass and the window while there was rain spatter on the window then title the shot "Aspirations". Without the rain spatter (or even some heavy rain cloud cover), it simply wouldn't make sense.

Learning for the day: Even the best laid plans must sometimes be put aside for very practical reasons and there's no sense in being bothered by it when it's simply "what is".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please offer only positive praise - this site belongs to our whole family (including our young children) and we'd prefer to be able to share all the comments. Gracias!