Sunday, January 15, 2012

Not Feeling It

Day #7 - Today's prompt was to make and use a stencil in a work of art. I wasn't connecting with that idea at all. Sure, I could've cut a stencil with my Cricut then... I don't know. It just didn't feel right.

What I was "feeling" like was trying some acrylics on canvas. I've been accumulating the materials for a couple weeks and felt like it was finally time. Got everything out, lightly drew out what I wanted to paint, set to work, got halfway finished and... Not feeling it. Not one bit.

Still... I tried out something new and got a sense of what else I might be able to do with this medium in the future. I feel good about what I learned and I feel just fine about not finishing - Two solid lessons for me!


Started out alright...

Meh.


2 comments:

  1. This is very cool! I have been doing wavy abstracts since grade school. On the backs and sometimes the fronts of my test papers. : I Very good. I like. say hello to Roberto. He needs a blog as well. Matt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a bunch, Mattie! He's talked about a blog before... Maybe you could suggest it???

      Delete

Please offer only positive praise - this site belongs to our whole family (including our young children) and we'd prefer to be able to share all the comments. Gracias!