Thursday, January 19, 2012

Fourteen by Five

Day 11 - Working with a familiar medium, create a piece using your non-dominant hand.

[GASP] Exsqueeze me? That would mean I'd need to crochet something with the hook in my RIGHT hand?!? The heck you say!

Well, okay, I'll give it a whirl.

Guess what? I'm pretty chuffed with the results of this little experiment after my initial panic. It's more a swatch than a finished thing, per se, and it hasn't been properly blocked, but it is an object crocheted entirely right-handed versus my normal left-handed lovelies. For comparison, the same size swatch hooked with my dominant hand is pictured alongside. The one crocheted lefty (a.k.a. "normal") is on the left, righty on the right.

She CAN learn new tricks!

P.S. The title refers to stitches wide by rows tall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please offer only positive praise - this site belongs to our whole family (including our young children) and we'd prefer to be able to share all the comments. Gracias!